Monday, May 24, 2010

Split Pea Soup


Ham Bone
1 Bag Split Peas

I put the Ham bone and split peas together and let simmer on Med. heat for 4 to 5 hours.

5-6 carrots
stalk of celery
2 small onions

My dad loves split pea soup, but has a great dislike for carrots. I wanted him to have the nutrients so I take my vegetable and run them through the food processor until they are chopped very fine. (almost invisible to the eye)

1-2 cloves of garlic
1-2 bay leaves
salt
fresh ground pepper

I add the vegetables and let them simmer for 20-30 minutes, while the vegetables are simmering I take the meat off the ham bone and add it to the soup.

While cooking this, I think the perfect thing to listen to would be the Black Eyed Peas!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Split Pea Soup!! ;D
    OK, friend, so now that we found each other... I have a COOKING blog, TOO!!! LOL!!
    http://tasty-ornot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete