Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dinner for Dad

My dad struggles from Prostate Cancer and most foods don't taste good to him. I decided while I was visiting to try some cooking and see what we could find that would taste good.



So far... The Marinated Flank Steak has tasted great

We Broiled Asparagus for him and he enjoyed that as well.

I also tried a potato recipe that I will have to give you to try out



You take about 7 red potatoes, cut them up into small squares and put them into a plastic bag, with a little water and put them into the microwave for about 7 minutes. You then place in a mixing bowl and add 3 tbsp. olive oil and 2 tbsp butter. Add salt, garlic, Lawry's, fresh basil, chili flakes, Rocky Mountain Seasoning, approx. 4 tbsp. and Parmesan cheese. Then mix together. Bake or Broil if you wish on an baking sheet covered with tin foil for 30 minutes. Stirring every 15 minutes.


We served Marinated Flank Steak and Roasted Asparagus. Dad Loved it..

We all decided that the perfect song for this was...Rainy days and Mondays always get me down.

1 comment:

  1. My aunt in stage 4 lung & brain cancer was talking about how her taste buds have changed since treatments and she doesn't even KNOW what she likes anymore. I made up and froze a bunch of convalescent soup from my "Tasty" blog. I think I'll pass this along to my cousin so they can try some other things. Thanks for sharing and ((HUGS)) to you & your DAD!!

    ReplyDelete